Thursday, November 4, 2010

above all, the truth always shines through.

I moved to WI, officially on July 1st, 2010. I left behind family and some close friends, and since my move, they've all been in my thoughts and prayers. I live with my boyfriend, and it is and has been one of the greatest blessings I've received so far. I am very happy having my own apartment, and I enjoy having company. So far for company, since July 1st, I've had my mom, my brother's girlfriend, my mom's friend, Erik's family, a friend of his, and two friends I've made as guests. That may seem like a lot, but if you think about it, there are some people missing from that list.

For one.. my brother, who works a lot, and doesn't get many days off. He and his girlfriend are planning to visit soon, so hopefully they will. Also, there are my friends. People who I considered, and still consider, best friends. They have never visited me since my move, and as of now don't seem to have any plans to ever. That really makes me feel sad. To know that my own best friends won't take or make the time to visit me. I'd love to show people my home and just spend time with people, but no one ever shows up.

My own mom, who is older and doesn't usually drive as much as an hour and a half, even made her last trip to see me, by herself. I'm very proud of her for that, and if my mom can make the trip by herself, I'd think that my friends could come see me too. My brother dropped me off one time in New Richmond, and he plans on visiting soon. His car has some problems, and he even took the time to bring me there. I'm just very surprised, and don't understand why all of a sudden I don't hear from people back home?

I've been in Faribault since Sunday, and am leaving tomorrow afternoon. Since I've been here, I've seen friends a couple times, otherwise it's been family. I haven't gotten any calls or texts by my friends inviting me to hang out, when I'm in town. I've been the one making the effort.. because I miss them. I really really miss my best friends. I wish they would visit me, it doesn't matter if you don't have extra cash for shopping or food, I'll cook, and you can stay at my place. I have an extra room for a reason.

I'm not blaming anyone, or trying to make anyone mad, I'm just stating my feelings on the matter and how it all seems to me. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Don't get me wrong though, the time I have spent with everyone has been great and I miss being able to see people whenever.I just wish my friends made as much of an effort as I try to do.

2 comments:

  1. i so wish we could visit!! i miss you but i have literally no way to get there! and the mister mister isn't suppose to leave state... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss you you know. And I woudl love to come visit you but I can't afford to miss work, I cna't even pay my own bills right now...going anywhere at all is out of the question. I text you..a lot actually...and never get a reply. The same can be said for Bri..she never replies. But you know I love and miss you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete